The town Moldova Noua is located in Caras-Severin, Depression Moldova Noua, near the Danube gorge, at the foot of the mountains Locvei, at an altitude of about 270 m.
The geographical coordinates of the town Moldova Noua are:
- longitude 44°43’4″ N;
- latitude 21°39’50” E.
The city has three locations in administrative subordination: Macesti, Moldova Veche and Moldova.
The town Moldova Noua, located in the southern part of the county, has as borders:
- to the south – the Danube River (border with Serbian Republic);
- to the north – Carbunari and Garnic villages;
- to the east – Coronini village;
- to the west – Pojejena village.
Moldova Noua is located at the following distances from the main border crossings:
- 30 km from the border crossing point Naidăş, Caras – Severin County (Serbia);
- 55 km from the border crossing point Moraviţa, Timis County (Serbia).
The city is crossed by the national road 57, which crosses the Danube Gorge, along the river on the left bank from Orşova to Naidas (114 km) and connects to the north with Oravita (48 km) and with E70 at Moravita. The city is connected by the DN57 and DN 59 to Timişoara, through the DN57 to Orşova, by DN57B with Anina and and by DN57B + DN58 to the capital, Resita. The city has no direct railway connections, the nearest train station is located 45 km away, the Oraviţa Station. Air connection is ensured by the Timisoara airport, located 195 km away. The town Moldova Noua is a Danube port.
Distances to other places, on DN, DJ or DC:
- Moldova Noua – Resita – 85 km – on DN57B + DN58
- Moldova Noua – Orsova – 88 km – DN 57
- Moldova Noua – Oraviţa – 48 km
- Moldova Noua – Timisoara – 156 km
The graph movements between localities:
Timișoara – Moldova Nouă
|Timișoara||08:30||>>>||L, M, Mi, J, V, S, D|
|Moldova Nouă||13:30||<<<||L, M, Mi, J, V, S, D|
Timișoara – Moldova Nouă – Socol
|Timișoara||12:30||>>>||L, M, Mi, J, V|
|Socol||02:50||<<<||L, M, Mi, J, V|
Moldova Nouă – Oravița – Moravița – Timișoara
|Moldova Nouă||04:00||>>>||L, M, Mi, J, V, S, D|
|Timișoara||15:30||<<<||L, M, Mi, J, V, S, D|
Moldova Nouă – Moldova Veche – Oravița – Reșița
|Moldova Nouă||04:15||>>>||L, M, Mi, J, V|
|Moldova Nouă||05:30||>>>||L, M, Mi, J, V, S|
|Moldova Veche – BLT||12:00||<<<||L, M, Mi, J, V|
|Moldova Veche – BLT||15:30||<<<||L, M, Mi, J, V, S|
Moldova Nouă – Socol – Zlatița
|Moldova Nouă||14:20||>>>||L, M, Mi, J, V|
|Zlatița||06:00||<<<||L, M, Mi, J, V|
Moldova Veche – Moldova Nouă – Berzasca
|Moldova Veche||14:10||>>>||L, M, Mi, J, V|
|Berzasca||06:15||<<<||L, M, Mi, J, V|
Berzasca – Moldova Veche – Oravița – Timișoara
|Berzasca||04:20||>>>||L, M, Mi, J, V, S|
|Timișoara||14:30||<<<||L, M, Mi, J, V, S|
Regarding car traffic inside the village Moldova Noua, it is provided by a town road network, 39 km long, of which modernized – 35 km:
Regarding pedestrian traffic, it is ensured by the streets or sidewalks accompanying block pedestrian areas. Pedestrian crossings are at marked street level locations, considering the reduced traffic in recent years.
Public transport is ensured a regularly by minibusses. Local public transport in the town Moldova Noua is realized by S.C. LOLI SERVTRANS S.R.L.
Opening hours are as follows:
- from 06:00 to 20:00 every hour (cu excepția zilelor de sâmbătă și duminică, când circulă începând cu ora 07:00) on Parc Central Moldova Nouă-Orașul Nou route
- 2 times per week – Moldova Nouă – Moldoviţa route, leaving Parcul Central Moldova Nouă at 08:30 and 15:30, respectively Moldovița at 09:00 and 16:00
- Orașul Nou – Măcești, with immediate round trip (at approximately 5 minutes after the depart), leaving the tower block station at 06:10, 07:15, 12:10, 14:10, 18:10 and 19:10, respectively at 07:10 and 12:10 on Saturday and 07:10 and 14:10 on Sunday
- Baron-Parc Central Moldova Nouă, leaving at 06:30, 07:15, 09:00, 11:30 from Baron and returning at 08:00, 10:00, 12:00, 14:30 and 16:30 (excepting Saturday – departures at 07:15 and 10:00 and return trip from Complexul Vechi, respectively on Sunday – departures at 06:30 and 09:00)
- Valea Mare-Parc Central Moldova Nouă, with departures at 06:30, 07:25 and 09:00 from Valea Mare, respectively at 08:00, 10:50, 12:00, 14:20 and 16:20 from Parcul Central Moldova Nouă (excepting Saturday – departures only at 07:25/14:20 and Sunday – at 06:30/09:00)
In the city there is no infrastructure for other types of public transport: tram, trolley, subway or rail.